This super simple and healthy recipe for Chimichurri Sauce will quickly become your favorite condiment! Simply toss fresh ingredients into a blender or food processor and it’s done! Healthy and delicious!
This sauce is as tasty, as tasty can be! But it does so much more! It is a healthy wonder condiment and marinade for steak, fish and chicken. It can be used as a salad dressing, you only need to thin it down with a bit more olive oil.
It packs a punch of flavor and takes only a few minutes to assemble. If you have the time, let it marinade over night for full flavor.
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup of sliced red peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion or onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried cardamom
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 cup white wine or rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup good olive oil or sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Pulse parsley, cilantro, garlic, onion and jalapeño in a food processor until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Store in sealed container in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve on chicken, fish, beef or salad.
Olive and Sesame Oil
- Bolsters your ability to handle stress
- Promotes physical strength
- Nourishes muscles & bones
- Supports comfortable joint movement
- Promotes sound sleep patterns
- Supports the intellect & nervous system
- Nourishes skin and hair
- Rids the body of heavy metals
- Protects against oxidative stress
- Reduces anxiety
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Supports heart health
- Supports healthy menstrual function
- Reduces the sensation of pain (analgesic)
- Helps with nausea (antiemetic)
- Uplifting scent (aromatic)
- Relieves flatulence (carminative)
- Induces sweating (Diaphoretic)
- Stimulates digestive fire to help break down and assimilate nutrients with more ease (digestive)
- Helps clear mucus (expectorant)
- Soothes fragile nerves (nervine)
- Increases the secretion of saliva (sialagogue)
- Gets circulation flowing (stimulant)
- Reduces heartburn, intestinal spasms, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhea, constipation, liver and gallbladder complaints, and loss of appetite.
- Prevents immune system from common cold and other infections, cough, bronchitis, sore mouth and throat, urinary problems, epilepsy, headache, and high blood pressure.
- Used for runny nose, coughs, colds, infections, and various digestion problems.
- Prevents digestive problems including diarrhea, colic, bowel spasms, and gas.
- Increases urine flow to relieve bloating(as a diuretic); to start menstruation; and to increase sexual desire (as an aphrodisiac).
I would love to hear your comments, do you use other ingredients to make your chimichurri sauce!
Find out about upcoming workshops, events and other happenings by signing up for our e-newsletters here: